Licensed Practical Nurse
Employment Value: Join our team of dedicated professionals providing support and treatment to children, youth and families facing mental health, child welfare and addiction challenges. We innovate and adapt the diverse perspectives of our population, for both our team and our clients. Through our Crisis Stabilization Unit (CSU), hospital diversion program (New Vistas) and Jefferson Hills Academy, we use some of the most current practices, interventions and protocols to address the complex needs of vulnerable youth and their families. We are committed to diversity and inclusiveness.
Known for our intensive, staff secure programs, Jefferson Hills is a leader in working in partnership with the community to meet the needs of these vulnerable children, youth, and families. We welcome you to learn more about who we are, what we do, and how you can help. Jefferson Hills offers Registered Nurses the opportunity for a challenging and rewarding career outside of hospital care. The executive team of Jefferson Hills supports staff and clients with over 25 years of mental health and education services experience. Seasoned professionals and new graduates who are interested in making an immediate and lasting impact on children and youth are encouraged to apply.
What our clients are saying:
“Terrific facility. They helped my sister-in-law through a crisis and she had nothing but positive things to say about her experience there. Staff was warm and welcoming and I truly am thankful this facility exists!”
“Thank you for all the help you gave (name). We really appreciate everything you do!”
What our team members are saying:
“I’m so pleased to work for an organization that is invested in the health and wellbeing of our clients. I get up each morning with a sense of purpose and work side by side with talented and engaged staff.”
Schedule: Days, Overnight, Part Time, On call.
Our nurses work as members of interdisciplinary teams provide general and psychiatric healthcare to clients facing acute mental health needs in the hospital diversion program (New Vistas) and Crisis Stabilization Unit (CSU).
- Conducts basic medical and psychiatric triage to determine appropriateness for program.
- Participates in daily multi-disciplinary team meetings / rounds.
- Communicates medical history, current medication, laboratory tests to on-call medical provider.
- Collaborates effectively with the multi-disciplinary team (psychiatrists, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, therapists, milieu counselors, administrative team). Interprets, transcribes, verifies and carries out medical provider orders.
- Obtains consent from guardian on any medication changes prior to implementing.
- Provides medication education to clients and their families. Administers medications in a safe, error-free manner. Documents all medications received and/or refused.
- Receives and reviews prior-authorizations with pharmacy and appropriate providers.
- Records / documents nursing assessment, labs, procedures, medical care, shift notes and medication administration, accurately, appropriately and in a timely manner.
- Coordinates discharge and transportation when a higher level of care is appropriate.
- Discharge clients, providing discharge summaries and instructions including medication management, laboratory values and their significance to treatment, follow-up provider appointments, etc.
- Advocates for patient/client's physical, emotional, psychological, mental and social needs.
- Facilitates blood draws.
- Reviews and interprets labs in order to monitor the residents’ medical status and drug levels and notify appropriate personnel, if lab values are not within normal limits.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing and holds a current Colorado or compact LPN license.
- Experience with psychiatric nursing, pediatric mental health, corrections or residential care strongly preferred.
- Strong assessment skills as well as critical thinking skills, problem solving and excellent documentation required.
- Must hold and maintain current CPR/BLS certification.
- Please apply by sending your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements.
Jefferson Hills is dedicated to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of age, race, creed, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation or any other protected status according to Colorado state and federal laws.
- Applicant must be 21 years or older.
- Recent Graduates and Experienced Professionals encouraged to apply.
NOTE: This position works in a licensed, residential child care facility. Drug screen and rigorous background check required for employment.
Jefferson Hills offers a comprehensive, affordable benefits program including health, dental and vision coverage, 403(b) with company match, long and short term disability plans and A FREE MEAL FOR EVERY 8 HOURS WORKED!
We seek to provide professional learning and development through ongoing training and a tuition reimbursement program.
Jefferson Hills is an equal opportunity employer.
Pay: $20.58 to $24.59/hour
Job Status: Full Time,Part Time,On Call