Licensed Clinician-Youth/Residential-PT/FT - *BONUS* $2000-$4000
Employment Value: Join our team of dedicated professionals providing support and treatment to children, youth and families facing mental health, child welfare and addiction challenges. We innovate and adapt the diverse perspectives of our population, for both our team and our clients. Through our Crisis Stabilization Unit (CSU), hospital diversion program (New Vistas) and Jefferson Hills Academy, we use some of the most current practices, interventions and protocols to address the complex needs of vulnerable youth and their families. We are committed to diversity and inclusiveness.
Full Time Position: Licensed: $55,326 - $66,120 annually
Part Time/Weekends-hourly: $26.60-$31.79
Provisional - Masters (unlicensed) : $52,326 annually
Salary is based on 1.0 FTE (full time equivalent) or 40 hours per week. Less than 40 hours/week will be prorated and adjusted to the appropriate FTE.
**SIGNING BONUS: (must work a minimum of 20 hours a week)
Provisional - Masters (unlicensed)
$1000 at 1 month anniversary.
$1000 at 6 month anniversary.
$2000 at 1 month anniversary.
$2000 at 6 month anniversary.
What can you expect from Jefferson Hills?
- Caseloads designed to allow you to provide focused, high quality care to you clients
- Supportive management and cohesive, collaborative interdisciplinary teams
- Flexible scheduling
- Professional development including conferences and training on relevant, current topics and treatment
- Opportunity to build skill with complex mental health diagnoses in either long term or short term residential settings
Licensed Therapist Purpose:
The licensed therapist performs clinical intakes and assessments of children and youth in crisis to determine level of needs and appropriate treatment planning. The therapist provides trauma-informed clinical interventions to address acute mental health needs through individual and family therapy.
- Evaluates youth (and their family) in crisis according to mental health center timelines for respons Conducts triage assessments and obtains collateral information to ensure that crisis interventions consider the context of the youth’s overall treatment plan and avoids harm and re-traumatization. Makes clinically appropriate dispositions to the safest, least restrictive level of care.
- Demonstrates competence in evaluation and intervention with youth (and his/her family) in crisis situations.
- Develops strength-based treatment plans that promote recovery, resiliency, engagement with formal and informal systems, and identify effective crisis intervention.
- Conducts individual, family, and group therapy sessions that employ evidence-based practices including Solution Focused Brief Therapy (SFBT) and other culturally-informed interventions.
- Ensures safety through least restrictive methods, using evidence-based de-escalation and crisis management techniques. Crisis management may include linking youth (and his/her family) to additional needed services, as appropriate.
- Promotes a therapeutic environment and empowers youth’s to share responsibility in their treatment goal
- Works with Case Managers in coordination with the referring agency and/or funding source, community contacts, family, legal system, and other professionals involved in the resident’s treatment.
- Maintains timely documentation of progress notes in TIER, admission paperwork, and monthly reports in order to provide all necessary information related to care of the individual client as well as for the purpose of billing in a timely and professional manner. This includes both electronic and written communication.
- Follows all Jefferson Hills’ policies and procedures in order to maintain the highest standards and provide the best level of care to residents.
- Operates within scope of his/her respective license and complies with all regulations regarding his/her respective license.
- Complies with managed care standards regarding regular utilization review of all assigned cases in order to meet all licensing requirements for residential treatment of adolescent populations.
- Facilitates transitions to next level of care by working in conjunction with the Case Manager, Transitions Manager, receiving agency, family members, and all other professionals involved in the planned departure from Jefferson Hills.
- Regularly attends all staffing/rounds in order to facilitate communication and effective client management.
- Attends mandatory trainings in order to maintain compliance with training standards and ensure effective treatment.
- Participates in individual and group supervision, as well as weekly team meetings in order to provide leadership and clinical expertise to staff working with residents.
- Consults with the milieu staff regarding clinical issues by monitoring the delivery of clinical services on the unit, and identifying and assisting in training needs in order to provide clinical direction of the unit.
- Collaborates with the education department and other units in order to integrate and enhance services to the residents.
- Represents Jefferson Hills in communications with referral sources, other professionals, organizations, and programs managing those contacts with diplomacy, respect, dignity, and professional behavior in order to enhance the program’s mission with regard to the surrounding communities.
- Maintains good communication with treatment team members and Clinical Manager in order to receive and provide professional support and pro-active problem-solving strategies.
- Refrains from dual relationships with residents and their families as defined by Jefferson Hills’ policies in order to maintain professional boundaries.
- Maintains a culturally and socioeconomically sensitive environment for children/youth.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Clinical Program Director.
- Must be willing and able to perform physical restraints with clients using required CPI techniques.
- This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with this job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned.
Required Education, Knowledge, Skills, & Experience:
- Master’s degree in a mental health field.
- LPC, LCSW, LMFT, PSY, ACD or comparable license, plus one or more years of related experience and/or training, preferably with adolescents.
- Clinical and leadership skills. A high degree of maturity, social skills, written and verbal communication, and clinical judgement.
- Provisionals encouraged to apply.
- Please apply with your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements.
- Jefferson Hills is dedicated to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of age, race, creed, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation or any other protected status according to Colorado state and federal laws.
- Applicants must be 21 years or older.
NOTE: This position works in a licensed, residential child care facility. Drug screen and rigorous background check required for employment.
Jefferson Hills offers a comprehensive, affordable benefits program including health, dental and vision coverage, 403(b) with company match, long and short term disability plans and A FREE MEAL FOR EVERY 8 HOURS WORKED!
We seek to provide professional learning and development through ongoing training and a tuition reimbursement program.
Jefferson Hills is an equal opportunity employer.
COVID VACCINATION NOTICE: In accordance with Jefferson Hills’ duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards, and in accordance with the Colorado State Board of Health’s Emergency Rules as a licensed facility with the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment (CDPHE), all new hires must present proof of COVID-19 vaccination at the time of hire or obtain an approved medical or religious exemption from Jefferson Hills prior to being hired to safeguard the health of our employees, clients, and their families.
Pay: $52,326 to $66,120/year
Job Status: Full Time,Part Time