Cook - Dietary Aide
Under the supervision of the Dietary Coordinator of Jefferson Hills, supports the day to day dietary needs for residents and staff including preparation, delivery and clean-up of meals. Keep all kitchen areas in a sanitary and safe condition.
Full time schedules available
- Prepare food adequately and in a safe manner in order to insure the health and safety of residents and staff
- Work proactively with other departments relating to dietary needs of staff and residents in order to insure those dietary needs are adequately met.
- Prepare, serve and clean up after breakfast, lunch and/or dinner in order to insure meals are ready at the set times
- Insure dietary requirements are met and served in compliance with USDA Food Program in order to guarantee continued inclusion in this program
- Maintain kitchen in a neat, orderly and safe fashion. Coordinate the cleaning and sanitation of the kitchen so as to stay in compliance for licensing purposes.
- Respond to special dietary request with varied menus
- Prepare trays that fulfill dietary requirements for residents staying in the units for meals.
- Provide supports when staffing dictates the need for coverage. Cover shifts as needed.
- Works on special projects as requested by the Dietary Coordinator (meals for special groups or meetings).
- Notify Dietary Coordinator with concerns regarding maintenance needs of the kitchen/serving areas.
- Knowledge of and adherence to all company policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of and adherence to all safety rules and regulations.
- Daily documentation of sharps, food temperatures, equipment temperatures as well as cleaning tasks, food or snack delivery.
- Maintains a culturally and socioeconomically sensitive environment for children/youth.
- Must be willing and able to perform physical restraints with clients using required CPI technique.
- This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with this job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned.
- While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, reach, lift, bend, kneel, stoop, climb, push and pull items weighing 50 pounds or less. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 lbs., and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50lbs. The position requires manual dexterity; auditory and visual skills; and the ability to follow written and oral instructions and procedures.
- The Modified Duty for this position requires that the employee does no repetitive lifting of 5lbs or more
- No prolonged standing or walking for more than 15 minutes every hour.
- No pushing and/or pulling over five pounds of force.
Required Education, Knowledge, Skills, & Experience:
- High school diploma or GED. One to two years of food service experience.
- Experience working in a treatment or correctional facility preferred.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimal.
- At least 21 years of age.
- Must pass stringent background investigation and pre-employment drug screening.
- Please apply by sending your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements.
Jefferson Hills is dedicated to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of age, race, creed, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation or any other protected status according to Colorado state and federal laws.
- Applicant must be 21 years or older.
NOTE: This position works in a licensed, residential child care facility. Drug screen and rigorous background check required for employment.
Jefferson Hills offers a comprehensive, affordable benefits program including health, dental and vision coverage, 403(b) with company match, long and short term disability plans and A FREE MEAL FOR EVERY 8 HOURS WORKED!
We seek to provide professional learning and development through ongoing training and a tuition reimbursement program.
Jefferson Hills is an equal opportunity employer.
COVID VACCINATION NOTICE: In accordance with Jefferson Hills’ duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards, and in accordance with the Colorado State Board of Health’s Emergency Rules as a licensed facility with the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment (CDPHE), all new hires must present proof of COVID-19 vaccination at the time of hire or obtain an approved medical or religious exemption from Jefferson Hills prior to being hired to safeguard the health of our employees, clients, and their families.
Pay: $16.50 to $19.72/hour
Job Status: Full Time