The Billing Coordinator is responsible for timely, accurate billing, collection, reconciliation, audit, and reporting of all referral contracts, census, education, fee-for-service/Medicaid, and other revenue sources within both manual (MS Excel) and electronic (integrated medical records) platforms under the direction of the Controller. Insures compliance with contractual and audit standards, internal controls, segregation of duties, Corporate Compliance, and organizational procedures; Insures timely, accurate, and well documented information is consistently provided in maintaining the integrity of billing, accounts receivable, collections, transaction analysis, and other financial functions, and internal and external reporting.
Timely, accurate, and thorough documentation, processing, and reporting of all aspects of the billing functions in both manual and electronic platforms
- Verify and process Medicaid billing, Private health insurance monthly (or as directed)
- Process monthly child maintenance billings and associated documentation
- Prepare monthly educational billings
- Process other service and supplemental monthly and periodic billings and associated documentation
- Prepare USDA school meal reimbursement billing monthly with all applicable substantiation
- Reconcile accounts receivable monthly as assigned; resolve discrepancies and initiate contact regarding collection issues promptly as directed
- Maintain records in an efficient, effective, and organized manner, and promptly & accurately files/archives documents to insure appropriate access while maintaining confidentiality.
- Communicate issues immediately with supervisors, and takes proactive, prompt, appropriate action to correct problems
- Exhibit knowledge and skill in general operations of the accounting department, and comprehension of functions of other departments within the Organization as it relates to the position and additional duties as assigned
- Successfully completes all required trainings in a timely manner.
- Follows and enforces all Jefferson Hills’ Policies and Procedures, including but not limited to confidentiality, sexual harassment/harassment, dual relationships, physical and sexual abuse reporting, Corporate Compliance and Code of Ethics.
Required Education, Knowledge, Skills, & Experience:
- Requires High School diploma or equivalent plus three years of accounting, billing, or bookkeeping experience, or equivalent education and experience to successfully perform the essential duties of the job:
- Solid command of basic accounting terminology and principles; CPT coding, benefit verifications, EOB's, ERA's
Computer literacy and skills:
- Intermediate to advanced computer proficiency in MS Excel or comparable complex spreadsheets
- Basic to intermediate MS Word
- Proficiency in manual and electronic billing for complex accounts receivable billing,, collections, reconciliation, and reporting; medical billing experience preferred
- Solomon and/or MS Access experience a plus
- Contribute to successful conversion from manual billing to integrated medical records/billing
- Attention to detail
- Prioritize, multitask, and maintain a high level of organization
- Work independently and research solutions with minimal direction
- Maintain confidential information
- Meet required deadlines Interpret complex contracts to timely and accurately process billing consistent with negotiated terms and conditions
- Apply skills and critical thinking to contribute to the success of organizational priorities that may lie outside of the normal billing functions
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with internal and external contacts through effective verbal and written communication skills
- Professional appearance & demeanor
- Must pass required background investigation and drug screen
- Please apply with your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements.
Jefferson Hills is dedicated to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of age, race, creed, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation or any other protected status according to Colorado state and federal laws.
- Applicants must be 21 years or older.
- Applicants must submit Driver's license and driving record upon hiring.
NOTE: This position works in a licensed, residential child care facility. Drug screen and rigorous background check required for employment.
Jefferson Hills offers a comprehensive, affordable benefits program including health, dental and vision coverage, 403(b) with company match, long and short term disability plans and A FREE MEAL FOR EVERY 8 HOURS WORKED!
We seek to provide professional learning and development through ongoing training and a tuition reimbursement program.
Jefferson Hills is an equal opportunity employer.
COVID VACCINATION NOTICE: In accordance with Jefferson Hills’ duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards, and in accordance with the Colorado State Board of Health’s Emergency Rules as a licensed facility with the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment (CDPHE), all new hires must present proof of COVID-19 vaccination at the time of hire or obtain an approved medical or religious exemption from Jefferson Hills prior to being hired to safeguard the health of our employees, clients, and their families.
Pay: $33,300 to $44,300/year
Job Status: Full Time