Registered Nurse-PRN (Lakewood)
Looking for an alternative to hospital care? We offer competitive pay, shift differentials and the opportunity to make an immediate impact on the lives of youth and children. New graduates are encouraged to apply.
Our nurses work as members of interdisciplinary teams provide general and psychiatric healthcare to clients facing acute mental health needs in the hospital diversion program (New Vistas), Crisis Stabilization Unit (CSU) and Staff Secured Residential Unit (SSR). Responsibilities include:
- Conducts basic medical and psychiatric triage to determine appropriateness for program.
- Participates in daily multi-disciplinary team meetings / rounds.
- Communicates medical history, current medication, laboratory tests to on-call medical provider.
- Collaborates effectively with the multi-disciplinary team (psychiatrists, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, therapists, milieu counselors, administrative team). Interprets, transcribes, verifies and carries out medical provider orders.
- Obtains consent from guardian on any medication changes prior to implementing.
- Provides medication education to clients and their families. Administers medications in a safe, error-free manner. Documents all medications received and/or refused.
- Receives and reviews prior-authorizations with pharmacy and appropriate providers.
- Records / documents nursing assessment, labs, procedures, medical care, shift notes and medication administration, accurately, appropriately and in a timely manner.
- Coordinates discharge and transportation when a higher level of care is appropriate.
- Discharge clients, providing discharge summaries and instructions including medication management, laboratory values and their significance to treatment, follow-up provider appointments, etc.
- Advocates for patient/client's physical, emotional, psychological, mental and social needs.
- Facilitates blood draws with phlebotomist.
- Reviews and interprets labs in order to monitor the residents’ medical status and drug levels and notify appropriate personnel, if lab values are not within normal limits.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing and holds a current Colorado or compact RN license.
- Experience with psychiatric nursing, pediatric mental health, corrections or residential care strongly preferred.
- Strong assessment skills as well as critical thinking skills, problem solving and excellent documentation required.
- Must hold and maintain current CPR/BLS certification.
- Please apply by sending your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements with Nurse RN noted in the subject line to JHillHR@jcmh.org.
Jefferson Hills is dedicated to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of age, race, creed, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation or any other protected status according to Colorado state and federal laws.
- Applicant must be 21 years or older.
NOTE: This position works in a licensed, residential child care facility. Drug screen and rigorous background check required for employment.
A FREE MEAL FOR EVERY 8 HOURS WORKED!
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
Job Status: On Call