Program Manager (Aurora)
Want to make a difference? Join our team of dedicated professionals providing support and treatment to at-risk children and youth facing mental health, child welfare and criminal justice issues. Through our Crisis Stabilization Unit (CSU), Staff Secure Residential Unit (SSR), hospital diversion program (New Vistas) and Jefferson Hills Academy, we use some of the most current practices, interventions and protocols to address the complex needs of vulnerable youth and their families.
Program Manager Position Purpose:
The Program Manager Provides leadership and direction at our Aurora facility for the milieu supervisors and staff, including representing the program and department within the Jefferson Hill and to outside agencies, referring entities and the community. Responsibilities include:
- Participates as a member of the management team in a shared leadership, interdisciplinary model to provide on-going assessment, development, and management of staff.
- Interviews and selects qualified staff to ensure high quality care and safety of residents and staff. Processes employee status changes and updates including payroll information.
- Manages program payroll and staffing costs related scheduling/staffing, approving time-off requests, over-time and contract shifts. Demonstrates a commitment to fiscal management.
- Assists in ongoing development of program and training of staff to meet the needs of the resident population.
- Maintains unit staffing patterns, overseeing staff schedules according to determined ratio to provide for the effective treatment, safety and security of residents and staff at all times.
- Trains and develops supervisors including providing regular feedback and coaching. Partners with the training manager to facilitate all necessary training for milieu staff.
- Coordinates with the Admissions Department on anticipated admissions and discharges.
- Gathers and monitors quality assurance data in order to develop performance improvement projects from accrued data.
- Ensures program audit compliance. Completes a weekly audit compliance check sheet to be reviewed with the Clinical Program Director once a month.
- Master’s Degree and current licensure (LPC, LCSW, LFMT) in a mental health field.
- 5 years post masters experience in providing mental health services including minimum 2 years supervisory experience.
- Managed care experience and budgeting oversight experience required.
- Demonstrated clinical skills with children and adolescents. Ability to work effectively in an interdisciplinary team and to provide support and clinical leadership to residential team. Ability to think conceptually, effectively problem solve, and to deal decisively with practical matters.
- Highly organized with excellent computer skills including working with electronic medical record systems.
- Please send your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements with Program Manager noted in the subject line to JHillHR@jcmh.org.
- Jefferson Hills is dedicated to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of age, race, creed, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation or any other protected status according to Colorado state and federal laws.
- Applicants must be 21 years or older.
NOTE: This position works in a licensed, residential child care facility. Drug screen and rigorous background check required for employment.
Jefferson Hills offers a comprehensive, affordable benefits program including health, dental and vision coverage, 403(b) with company match, long and short term disability plans and A FREE MEAL FOR EVERY 8 HOURS WORKED!
We seek to provide professional learning and development through ongoing training and a tuition reimbursement program. Jefferson Hills is an equal opportunity employer.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
Job Status: Full Time