Milieu Counselor-Shift Lead (Lakewood)
Milieu Counselor- Shift Lead Position Purpose:
The Milieu Shift Lead has the responsibility for the overall operation of the units for a particular shift. S/he is under the direct supervision of the Program Manager. The Milieu Shift Lead is responsible for the safety and security of the residents, staff, and facility as well as the coordination and delivery of quality program service. S/he adheres to all policies and procedures of Jefferson Hills. Employees implement procedures to provide for a safe and secure program, establishing clear behavioral expectations and implementing appropriate positive or negative consequences within established guidelines and should be able to interact with and view youth from a strength-based perspective. Responsibilities include:
- Supervises, coordinates, and plans resident activities in accordance with the resident’s treatment plans in order to facilitate and maintain the safety and security of the residents and staff. Handles concerns and issues in a timely and appropriate manner in order to assure consistent and equal treatment of all staff.
- Trains staff effectively on job duties and orients new staff to the Unit and the job. Completes the orientation checklist with all new employees assigned to them.
- Communicates clearly and effectively with staff, accepting and integrating feedback from them and insuring that they have full understanding of the job duties assigned to them.
- Directly supervises the Milieu Counselors on a daily basis to provide them with direction regarding daily expectations, education, and feedback. Ensures that the Milieu Counselors chart using the D.A.P. format and that documentation is completed accurately.
- Provides written monthly supervision of staff that they are assigned to supervise.
- Monitors residents’ use of medication as prescribed by the residents’ assigned Physician by documenting that the correct dosage was taken, keeping accurate medication inventory, and noting any medication errors in order to insure health and safety of the residents.
- Ensures that all staff follows the established behavior management program including (CPI) protocol and completion of paperwork related to seclusion/restraints, critical incidents, and unusual incidents in order to keep accurate and up to date information and records on residents at all times.
- Ensures that staff commits to and maintains appropriate boundaries at all times by modeling and discussing how important boundaries are to the safety and security of staff and residents.
- Addresses and resolves grievances in a timely and effective manner.
- Contributes to treatment team meetings and staffings by supplying information regarding the activities on the unit and requesting feedback from staff regarding any pertinent issues.
- Conducts self in a professional manner by role modeling, continued professional growth, and carrying out therapeutic rapport with residents in order to set an example for staff and residents.
- Ensures residents are educated regarding JH programs and policies by providing orientation to new residents to promote a smooth transition into life at Jefferson Hills. Completes all necessary paperwork for the resident’s transition into and out of facility.
- Assesses the needs of the shift to ensure staffing patterns are adequate to meet coverage demands in order to ensure safety and security of staff and residents.
- Provides information to Program Manager and Therapists on a timely basis in order to facilitate effective coordination of services both internally and externally.
- Completes all trainings in Essential Learning in a timely manner.
- Follows and enforces all Jefferson Hills’ Policies and Procedures, particularly but not limited to confidentiality, sexual harassment/harassment, dual relationships, physical and sexual abuse reporting, Corporate Compliance and Code of Ethics.
- BA plus 2 years relevant experience.
- Experience facilitating group activities and therapy.
- Ability to effectively communicate with all members of the team verbally and in writing.
- A high degree of maturity, social skills, written and verbal communication, and clinical/administrative judgment. Ability to relate successfully to a wide variety of professional and lay persons. Ability to deal decisively with practical matters and in crisis situations.
- Please send your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements with Milieu Counselor-Shift Lead noted in the subject line to JHillHR@jcmh.org.
Jefferson Hills is dedicated to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of age, race, creed, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation or any other protected status according to Colorado state and federal laws.
- Applicants must be 21 years or older.
NOTE: This position works in a licensed, residential child care facility. Drug screen and rigorous background check required for employment.
Jefferson Hills offers a comprehensive, affordable benefits program including health, dental and vision coverage, 403(b) with company match, long and short term disability plans and A FREE MEAL FOR EVERY 8 HOURS WORKED!
We seek to provide professional learning and development through ongoing training and a tuition reimbursement program. Jefferson Hills is an equal opportunity employer.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
Job Status: Full Time