Medical Records/Administrative Assistant (Lakewood)
Want to make a difference? Join our team of dedicated professionals providing support and treatment to at-risk children and youth facing mental health, child welfare and criminal justice issues. Through our Crisis Stabilization Unit (CSU), Staff Secure Residential Unit (SSR), hospital diversion program (New Vistas) and Jefferson Hills Academy, we use some of the most current practices, interventions and protocols to address the complex needs of vulnerable youth and their families.
Medical Records/Administrative Assistant Specialist Position Purpose:
The Medical Records/Administrative Assistant Specialist provides administrative support to further efficient and smooth operations at our Lakewood and Aurora location. Under the direction of the Clinical Program Manager, responsibilities include:
- Creates, completes and maintains medical record for residents using both automated and paper-based systems. Enters information into electronic medical records system (TIER).
- Completes medical record auditing and reporting; and other med records supportive services including but not limited to chart organization, filing and chart checkout system.
- Ensures compliance with all pertinent local, state, and federal standards and licenses including creating and generating relevant reports.
- Obtains the necessary approvals and paperwork required for time frame rules and regulations; reporting any delinquent or timeliness issues promptly to the responsible manager.
- Assists the Clinical Program Director in preparing reports, project coordination/management, and customer relations; updates quarterly quality reporting by compiling data and entering it into spreadsheets.
- Demonstrates awareness and follow through of rules and regulations including HIPAA and other confidentiality issues surrounding residents.
- Coordinates all releases/requests of information of residents including tracking and documentation of information released.
- Supervises receptionist; provides coverage for reception and switchboard as needed.
- Maintains administrative office supplies inventory by checking stock, maintaining inventory level, and purchasing as needed.
Completion of a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience. Administrative experience in a healthcare setting preferred.
- Excellent communication and public relations skills; demonstrated ability to remain calm under pressure. Strong oral and written communication skills and the ability to understand and present numeric information clearly.
- Proficiency in MS Word and Excel; demonstrated ability to learn new computer systems easily.
- Excellent organizational and prioritizing abilities. Accurate, thorough, detail oriented, punctual and able to consistently meet deadlines.
- Able to adapt to changes, manage competing demands and to deal positively with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
- Please apply by sending your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements with Medical Records/Administrative Assistant-Lakewood position noted in the subject line to JHillHR@jcmh.org.
- Jefferson Hills is dedicated to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of age, race, creed, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation or any other protected status according to Colorado state and federal laws.
- Applicants must be 21 years or older.
NOTE: This position works in a licensed, residential child care facility. Drug screen and rigorous background check required for employment.
Jefferson Hills offers a comprehensive, affordable benefits program including health, dental and vision coverage, 403(b) with company match, long and short term disability plans and A FREE MEAL FOR EVERY 8 HOURS WORKED!
We seek to provide professional learning and development through ongoing training and a tuition reimbursement program. Jefferson Hills is an equal opportunity employer.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
Job Status: Full Time