Want to make a difference? Join our team of dedicated professionals providing support and treatment to at-risk children and youth facing mental health, child welfare and criminal justice issues. Through our Crisis Stabilization Unit (CSU), Staff Secure Residential Unit (SSR), hospital diversion program (New Vistas) and Jefferson Hills Academy, we use some of the most current practices, interventions and protocols to address the complex needs of vulnerable youth and their families.
Billing Coordinator Position Purpose:
The Billing Coordinator is responsible for timely, accurate billing, collection, reconciliation, audit, and reporting of referral contracts, census, education, fee-for-service/Medicaid, and other revenue sources within both manual and electronic (integrated medical records). This person ensures compliance with contractual and audit standards, internal controls, segregation of duties, corporate compliance, and organizational procedures. Responsibilities include:
- Prepares and processes billing through manual and electronic platforms; ensures accurate, timely and thorough documentation and record keeping.
- Reconciles all accounts receivable monthly; resolve discrepancies and initiates contact regarding collection issues promptly.
- Maintains records in an efficient, effective, and organized manner, and promptly and accurately files/archives documents to ensure appropriate access while maintaining confidentiality.
- Verifies and processes Medicaid billing monthly as appropriate.
- Processes monthly child maintenance billings and associated documentation.
- Prepares education audit reports and monthly educational billings.
- Reconciles headcount sheets and prepares reimbursement billing monthly including applicable substantiation.
- Maintains electronic medical record data as assigned; additional reconciliation and transaction analysis as assigned.
- Communicates issues immediately with supervisors, and take proactive, prompt, appropriate action to correct problems.
- High School diploma or equivalent, some college preferred
- Highly organized, detail oriented and efficient
- Experience in accounting, billing or bookkeeping
- Demonstrated computer skills including proficiency in Excel or other complex spreadsheets
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, work independently and research solutions with minimal direction
- Excellent customer service skills; able to establish and maintain good working relationships with internal and external stakeholder
- Please send your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements with Billing Coordinator noted in the subject line to JHillHR@jcmh.org.
- Applicants must be 21 years or older.
- Jefferson Hills is dedicated to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of age, race, creed, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation or any other protected status according to Colorado state and federal laws.
NOTE: This position works in a licensed, residential child care facility. Drug screen and rigorous background check required for employment.
Jefferson Hills offers a comprehensive, affordable benefits program including health, dental and vision coverage, 403(b) with company match and long and short term disability plans. We seek to provide professional learning and development through ongoing training and a tuition reimbursement program. Jefferson Hills is an equal opportunity employer.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
Job Status: Full Time